1. Is your product or service already available? (Select A, B or C)
2 Is your product or service current selling in your domestic market?
3. Do you have the surplus production capacity or available specialists to meet increased demand for your product or service?
4. Do you have the financing required to adapt your product or service to suit your target market and to promote it?
ABOUT YOUR FIRM
5. Is management committed to sustaining your export effort?
6. Does your firm have a good track record of meeting deadlines?
7. Does management have experience in export markets?
ABOUT YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE
8. Does your product or service have a distinct competitive advantage (quality, price, uniqueness, innovation) over your competition?
9. Have you adapted your packaging, labelling and or promotional materials for your target market?
10. Do you have the capacity and resources to provide after-sales support and service in your target market?
11. Do you have a Free on Board (FOB) or Cost, Insurance and Freight (CIF) price list for your product, or a rate list for your service?
12. Have you undertaken any foreign market research?
13. Is your promotional material available in the language of your target markets? (Business cards, brochures, and web-site?)
14. Have you started marketing your product or service in your target market?
15. Have you engaged the services of a sales representative/distributor / agent or broker?
16. Have you hired a freight forwarder or customs broker?
Compliance with requirements
17. To what extent does your product/service comply with legal requirements in the target market?
18. In addition to legal requirements your buyer may ask for additional standards and codes of conduct. What is true?
19. Do you apply social standards such as Fairtrade, SA8000 and the like?