Edtex limited, a social enterprise is a growing textile manufacturing company, producing in Tema since 1998.
Handmade batik fabric is its main product supplying local and export fashion industry with durable, innovative and unique product that customers expect.
The company produces batik fabrics using different types of natural base fabrics including silk, cotton, linen, jute etc for the fashion industry especially the private brands. In addition to the fabrics, the company also produces textile items for home and interior décor.
Over the years, it has demonstrated strong initiatives in bringing about change in the local textile industry by exhibiting creative designs and the use of safer dyes. It is setting a new direction with the uproar of all markets against the use of some chemicals that poses as a menace to both the environment and the end user.
The company intends to set up a green factory amongst the rural poor to provide sustainable livelihoods and also focus its sustainability development goals on responsible consumption, production, affordable energy and clean water and sanitation which will affect community and reduce poverty in the long run.
- Arts, crafts & home deco
Registration of Company-RGD
Ghana Standards Authority (GSA)
interior décor products – tablecloth
wine sack bread baskets.
United States of America, Italy, United Kingdom and Kenya.
Awards & Achievements
1. National Award Winner- Ma Afrika 1999
2. Project with Most Impact on the Community-Ma Afrika(South Africa)-1999
3. International Award Winner of Lakeside Mall Trophy(South African) for Community Work-
Ma Afrika - 1999
4. Provision of fabric as backdrop for President Barak Obama’s interview in the Cape Coast Castle
on his first visit to Africa, specifically, Ghana. 2009
5. Selected for factory visit by ‘ONE CAMPAIGN’ (International Advocacy Group by Bono) participant
including Icons like Yvonne Chaka Chaka, Mrs. Mc Cain, Maureen Orth and many others 2010
6. Ghana’s Rep for Small Business Preparation for World Cup – Durban, South Africa-2010
7. Winner , Retail Outlet of the year (Deo Art), Southern Sector(Western, Central, Gt. Accra and Volta
regions)- Ghana Tourist Board
P.O.Box CT 1115, Cantonments, Accra