SECTOR CAPABILITIES - Medicinal plants from Ghana
Ghana’s rich and ecologically diverse forests contain hundreds of different plant and tree species. Some of them are considered medicinal plants and are increasingly applied in pharmaceutical and cosmetic applications. Also exports are increasing. It concerns especially raw materials, which are exported to China and EU markets, where they will be processed into final products.
The increasing trade of medicinal plants contributes significantly to Ghana’s ambition to grow and diversify exports of Non Traditional Exports. The interests of the sector are represented by the Botanical Plant Exporters Association of Ghana (BOPA).
Reasons to buy
- A wide range of different types of product is available: voacange, griffornia, annatto seeds, colanuts
- Medicinal plants are harvested in the wild.
- All products are organic by default.
- Mostly women, individuals and smallholders involved.
- Ghana offers an Ideal climate to grow and collect medicinal plants.
Show: Ferro Fabrik Ltd
Show: Burger Food Industries limited
Show: Cocoa Processing Company Limited