Useful links - Cocoa
In order to give you, our clients, the needed leverage to be able to source a lot more information on Non Traditional Exports products (NTEs), GEPA has selected some useful links for its esteemed publics.
European Commission – Food Safety
The European Commission aims to assure a high level of food safety within the EU. This portal provides information on the various regulations.
- General Food Law
- Food Hygiene
- Food Contaminants and Extraction Solvents
- Food Labelling
- Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASFF)
Cocoa Beans: Chocolate & Cocoa Industry Quality Requirements
This guide is a comprehensive, up-to-date reference document with key requirements related to cocoa farming practices, food safety and quality.
- Food safety
- Physical characteristics
- Certification and Quality Standards
- Aspects of cocoa production
CBI Market Information
CBI provides European market information on the cacao sector. It also discusses the markets for fine flavour cocoa and certified cocoa specifically.
- Trade statistics
- Market channels and segments
- Buyer requirements
- Tips on finding buyers and doing business in Europe
World Bank – Global Economic Monitor (GEM) Commodities
The World Bank’s Global Economic Monitor (GEM) Commodities provides monthly prices and indices for commodities like cocoa, from 1960 to present.
- Series – cocoa nominal
- Country or world
- Table or chart
- Download in Excel-file
UTZ stimulates sustainable farming to help farmers, workers and their families to fulfil their ambitions and safeguard the world’s resources.
- UTZ Academy Online
- Resource library
- Marketing sustainable products
- Strengthening your reputation
Kuapa Kokoo is a Fairtrade Certified cocoa farmers cooperative in Ghana aiming to supply quality cocoa products and improve the livelihood of members.
- International partners
- Social projects
- Mutual health insurance
- Credit union
Fairtrade is a global movement addressing the injustices of conventional trade by helping smallholder farmers and workers secure better terms.
- African chapter of the global Fairtrade movement
- Networks & partners
- Producers & products
Cocoa Abrabopa Association
The Cocoa Abrabopa Association provides tailor-made services for Ghanaian cocoa farmers to improve their productivity, income and livelihood.
- Practical scientific knowledge on cocoa farming and good agricultural practices
- Certification to ensure sustainable cocoa production
- Tailor made input packages like fertilisers, fungicides and insecticides on credit
- State of the art warehousing solutions
- Access to the Cocoa Abrabopa Pension Scheme (CAPS)
World Cocoa Foundation
The World Cocoa Foundation (WCF) promotes sustainability by supporting cocoa farmers to grow more quality cocoa and strengthen their communities.
- Manuals and training materials
- Research and articles
- Program and training videos
- International support
Cocoa CONNECT is a digital platform for players in the field of sustainable cocoa where they can share, meet and learn.
- Farmers & production
- Chains & relations
- Markets & policies
- Crops & soil